This Speciality is designed to extend your knowledge and skills in the use of oxygen enriched gases for Sport Diving. It develops the knowledge required to plan, analyse and use an Enriched Air Nitrox breathing gas mix for recreational no decompression diving.
This speciality can be run for any certified diver who has the equivalent of Open Water Diver.
THE PROGRAMME EMPLOYS THE FOLLOWING
1. Gas planning for Nitrox mixes of up to 40% for recreational diving.
2. Skills to analyse and tag a Nitrox cylinder.
3. Planning for maximum 1.4 PpO2 at the target depth.
4. Understanding of the planning for oxygen toxicity and the effects of CNS and OTU.
1. To be a minimum of 15 years old.
2. Certified Open Water Diver or equivalent.
3. Complete the registration procedures.
1. Academic presentations, quizzes, exam and practical skills as detailed.
2. Optional open water training.
1. All open water skills have been acknowledged and accepted by both yourself and your instructor.
2. The Dive Centre has confirmed certification on-line through the web site.
The above is subject to the General Diving Standards and change without notice.